Allegiant Air Baggage Policy Fees & Allowance. The actual Allegiant baggage fees charged for carry-on and checked luggage will vary depending on your specific fare class, loyalty status, and other factors.
For additional information on Allegiant checked baggage fees, please visit Allegiant’s website.
While Allegiant Air offers budget base ticket pricing, you’re likely to owe more than you might expect in baggage fees.
For example, Allegiant charges a fee for standard carry-on luggage, which increases in cost the longer you wait to purchase.
It’s also important to note the max weight for a checked bag is 40 pounds (compared to the general average of 50 pounds) and the same time-sensitive fees apply for purchasing checked baggage.
Allegiant Air’s baggage policy isn’t overly confusing, it’s just pricey. Essentially, for the cheapest possible outcome, know the number of bags you’re planning to bring (keeping in mind the decreased weight allowance) and pay for them at your initial booking.
What is Allegiant Airlines’ (G4) baggage policy?
The Allegiant Airlines (G4) baggage policy for regular basic fares include the following:
- Small personal item such as a purse, a laptop bag, or a backpack – Fee free. Maximum dimensions are 7 x 15 x 16 inches (17.8 x 38.1 x 40.6 centimeters)
- 1 carry-on bag such as a roll-aboard bag, a garment bag, or a tote bag – Subject to an applicable fee. Maximum size is 9 x 14 x 22 inches (22.9 x 35.6 x 55.9 centimeters)
- Checked baggage / Hold luggage – Applicable fees per bag increase with number checked. Maximum size is 80 linear inches (203 centimeters) in height + width + length. Additional charges apply for bags weighing more than 40 pounds, sporting equipment and/or oversize/excess baggage.
- Overweight and Oversize bags – Applicable fees per bag depending on weight and size categories.
- Sports equipment – Certain items might have applicable fees.
What is Allegiant Airlines’ (G4) carry-on baggage policy?
Allegiant Airlines (G4) allows 1 carry-on small personal item – purse, briefcase, or backpack – fee free – and one carry-on bag – subject to an applicable fee
The carry-on should not exceed the following size and weight restrictions:
- 9 x 14 x 22 inches (22.9 x 35.6 x 55.9 centimeters) including handles and wheels.
- Fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
Personal item should not exceed the following size and weight restrictions:
- 38 linear inches (16 x 15 x 7 in) or 96.5 centimeters (40.6 x 38.1 x 17.8 cm).
- Maximum weight: 25 lbs/11.34 kgs
- Fit under the seat in front of you
- A jacket, umbrella, diaper bag, duty free items, and assistive devices (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, strollers, child restraint seats, etc.) do not count towards your carry-on allowance. NOTE: Bulkhead seats do not have under seat storage, therefore, all carry-on baggage must be stowed in the overhead bin during take-off and landing.
NOTE: Bulkhead seats do not have under seat storage, therefore, all carry-on baggage must be stowed in the overhead bin during take-off and landing.
What is Allegiant Airlines’ (G4) checked baggage / hold luggage policy?
Allegiant Airlines’ (G4) checked baggage / hold luggage policy details follow:
- Up to 4 bags may be pre-purchased.
- Maximum dimensions per bag: 80 inches or 203 centimeters (length + width + height).
- Measurements include wheels and handles.
- Maximum weight per bag: 40 pounds or 18 kilograms.
Are there fees for baggage on Allegiant Airlines (G4)?
Yes, fees apply.
They are determined by the length of route and when they are added to your itinerary.
If you are an active U S military personnel (charges for one carry-on and the first three bags are waived).
For more information about Allegiant Airline’s (G4) baggage fees, please click here.
Allegiant Airlines’ (G4) per bag (maximum 4) checked baggage / hold luggage fees follow:
- At booking: $18.00 to $35.00 USD per bag.
- Pre-departure: $45.00 USD per bag.
- At airport: $50.00 USD per bag.
- At gate: $75.00 USD per bag.
What is Allegiant Airlines’ (G4) fee for excess baggage?
Allegiant Airlines (G4) allows a maximum of 4 bags per passenger regarding checked baggage / hold luggage.
For more information, please click here.
What is Allegiant Airlines’ (G4) fee for overweight baggage?
Allegiant Airlines (G4) will charge the following for bags that are greater than the standard 50 pounds or 23 kilograms:
- 40 to 70 pounds or 18 to 32 kilograms: $50.00 USD extra per bag.
- 71 to 100 pounds or 33 to 46 kilograms: $75.00 USD extra per bag.
- Allegiant will not transport checked baggage / hold luggage exceeding 100 pounds or 46 kilograms per bag.
What is Allegiant Airlines’ (G4) fee for oversize baggage?
Allegiant Airlines (G4) will charge $75.00 USD extra for bags that are in excess of 80 linear inches or 203.2 centimeters.
Are there fees for sports equipment on Allegiant Airlines (G4)?
Sports equipment such as skis, golf bags, fishing equipment, hockey, and lacrosse equipment will be accepted up to Allegiant Airlines’ (G4) size and weight limits and will count as one checked bag/hold bag.
Associated baggage fees apply as described in the “Are there fees for baggage on Allegiant Airlines (G4)?” section.
Liquid and compressed oxygen are prohibited on board all Allegiant flights, in the cabin and as cargo.
This includes oxygen cylinders, canisters and tanks.
Please note, ventilators, respirators, continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machines and Portable Oxygen Concentrators (POCs) are acceptable as checked or carry-on baggage.
The device may be transported in the cabin if the device can safely be stowed under the seat in front of you or in the overhead compartment.
What size is a carry-on bag for Allegiant Air?
A personal item is included in the price of the ticket for Allegiant Air and must not exceed a maximum size of 16 x 15 x 7 inches (40.6 x 38.1 x 17.8 cm).
A carry-on piece must not exceed 22 x 14 x 9 inches (55.9 x 35.6 x 22.9 cm) and this can be purchased separately.
The cost depends on when and where you purchase your carry-on, ranging from $15 to $75.
How much is a carry-on bag on Allegiant?
Allegiant charges passengers to bring a carry-on item.
If you add this at the time of booking then you will be charged $15 to $41 (depending on the route), anytime between booking and departure will be $45, at the airport ticket counter you’ll pay $50, and at the gate, it’s up to $75.
Allegiant does not charge for a personal item.
What is Allegiant Air’s baggage fee?
Allegiant Air charges for checked baggage and how much depends on when and where you purchase this.
If you add 1 to 4 bags at the time of booking then you will pay $20 to $50 each depending on the route.
This will cost $45 per piece anytime between booking and departure, and $50 per piece at the airport.
What does Allegiant charge for overweight bags?
Allegiant charges an excess baggage fee if your bag is overweight or oversized.
Standard baggage allowance is up to 40 pounds (18 kg) and if your bag weighs between 40 to 70 pounds (18 to 32kg) then you will incur a fee of $50.
If your bag weighs between 71 to 100 pounds (32 to 45.4 kg) then you will incur a fee of $75.
If your bag exceeds max linear dimensions of 80 inches (203 cm) then you be charged $75.