Air Transat Fleet Airbus A310-300 Details and Pictures. On current fleet, Air Transat operated 7 wide-body aircraft Airbus A310-300. The Airbus A310 is a medium- to long-range twin-engined wide-body jet airliner that was developed and manufactured by Airbus, then a consortium of European aerospace manufacturers. It was the second airliner to be produced by the company, the first being the A300. The A310 is a smaller derivative of the A300, which held the distinction of being the first twin-engined widebody airliner. The origin of the A310 lies within design studies originally conducted for the earlier A300 programme, specifically the smaller A300B10MC (standing for Minimum Change) design. During the flight testing stage of the A300 programme, a number of airlines approached Airbus, expressing that there was also a sizable market for a smaller aircraft, leading to the company commencing studies on producing a separate airliner to produce such an aircraft. The design settled on for the tentative airliner, later designated as the A310, was essentially a fuselage shrink of the A300, furnished with a new wing and a lighter landing gear configuration to suit the smaller scale of the aircraft. It shared a very high level of commonality with the A300, particularly in terms of the cockpit and subsystems. These similarities enabled both aircraft to be manufactured upon the same production line.
Airbus A310-300 Air Transat Aircraft Fleet Data and Registration Number
|Aircraft Type||Reg||Airline||Config||Delivered||Prev. Reg||Fleet Number|
|Airbus A310-300||C-GTSY||Air Transat||C12Y238||Nov 2004||N447DN||344|
|Airbus A310-300||C-GTSW||Air Transat||C12Y238||Sep 2008||CS-TEH||348|
|Airbus A310-300||C-GFAT||Air Transat||C12Y238||Dec 2000||A6-EKG||301|
|Airbus A310-300||C-GLAT||Air Transat||C12Y238||Mar 2001||A6-EKI||302|
|Airbus A310-300||C-GPAT||Air Transat||C12Y238||May 2001||A6-EKJ||303|
|Airbus A310-300||C-GTSH||Air Transat||C12Y238||Apr 2004||D-AIDN||343|
|Airbus A310-300||C-GSAT||Air Transat||C12Y238||Aug 2001||5Y-KQM||304|
Air Transat Fleet Airbus A310-300 Cabin Interior Class Configuration and Seats Layout
This Airbus A310-300 has 244 seats in a two-class configuration. There are 12 seats in Club Class and 232 seats in Economy Class. Club is Air Transat’s Business Class.
Air Transat charges a fee to reserve a seat in advance. Click here for more information.
Airbus A310-300 Air Transat Technical Specification
- Engines: 2 GE CF6-80C2A2 or 2 GE CF6-80C2A8
- Fuel Capacity: 107,750 lb (48,872 kg)
- Cruising Speed: Mach 0.80 (850 km/h)
- Maximum Take-Off Weight:
- Model A – 361,560 lb (164,000 kg)
- Model B – 348,106 lb (157,000 kg)
- Overall Length: 153 ft 1 in (46.66 m)
- Wingspan: 144 ft (43.9 m)
- Tail Height: 51 ft 10 in (15.8 m)
- Maximum Range: 8,300 km (5,200 nautical miles)
- Seats: Redesigned cabin: 250 (12 in Club Class and 238 in Economy Class)
Seat Map and Seating Chart Airbus A310-300 Air Transat
Airbus A310-300 operated by Air Transat may accommodate 244 passengers. The airplane offers two types of seats: club and economy.
First 2 rows of seats are seats of club type. These seats have 2-2-2 configuration. So, there are totally 12 reclining seats here. The seats of the 1st row are narrower than standard because the tray tables are in the armrests. Another disadvantage of these seats is lack of floor storage during take-off and landing.
The main disadvantage of the seats of the 2nd row is proximity of the more crowded economy class, the noise from which may cause discomfort.
Economy class offers 232 seats that are divided into two sections. First section contains 9 rows of seats that have 3-3-3 configuration. Passengers of the seats 4ABC, 4HJK and 5DFG will feel comfortable thanks to extra legroom. These seats are considered the best seats. However, the width of these seats is reduced a little and these seats have no floor storage during take-off and landing.
Missing windows make the seats 8K, 9A and 9K bad seats.
The only disadvantage of the seats 12ABC, 12HJK and 13DFG is limited recline.
Behind the exit row the second section of economy class seats is located. Thanks to the exit row located in front the seats of the 14th row offer additional space for passengers’ legs. Reduced width and lack of floor storage during take-off and landing are the disadvantages of these seats.
As there are no seats behind the seats 24C and 24H are often bumped by other passengers and crew members passing by.
AB and JK seats of the rows 25-31 are ideal for passengers traveling with a partner. Passengers of the seats 25AB and 25JK will take advantage of extra legroom. Some passengers consider these seats not very comfortable due to awkward configuration transition from 4 to 3 seats.
Noise from the galley and lavatories located behind may cause discomfort to passengers of the seats 31AB and 31JK.
Limited recline and close location of the lavatories and galley make the seats 32DFG bad seats.
Airbus A310-300 Air Transat Aircraft Fleet Inflight Amenities Information
- Audio. Air Transat offers a wide variety of audio entertainment. Passengers wishing to take advantage of in-flight entertainment may purchase Air Transat’s re-usable headset or bring their own.
- Video. On flights lasting over two and a half hours, Air Transat offers newly released movies and a broad selection of videos. This aircraft features video screens at all seats in the Club Section and 6 shared screens in the Economy Section. There are shared video screens located at rows 1, 4, 11, 15, 18, 20, 26, and 29. Passengers wishing to take advantage of in-flight entertainment may purchase Air Transat’s re-usable headset or bring their own.
- AC Power. All seats in Club have access to AC power outlets and USB ports. There are no AC outlets or USB ports in Economy.
- Food. Complementary water, tea, coffee, soft drinks, and juice are available. Snacks and beverages are available for purchase onboard, while special meals are available for purchase before your flight. Click here for more information about in-flight service and purchasing meals.
Air Transat Aircraft Fleet Wide-Body Airbus A310-300 Images Gallery
Thanks to visiting AirlinesFleet.com and read article : Air Transat Fleet Airbus A310-300 Details and Pictures.