Bamboo Airways Fleet Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Details and Pictures. On current fleet, Bamboo Airways operates 3 wide-body aircraft Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.
Vietnamese startup Bamboo Airways has lost no time in putting its stunning 787-9 Dreamliner to work.
Received on the 22nd December 2019, it wrote Bamboo Airways’ name in the history books as the first privately owned airline in Vietnam to operate widebody aircraft.
The airline chose a three-cabin configuration with business, premium economy and economy class for this aircraft.
The Boeing 787’s body is designed as a one-piece barrel-shaped cylinder made from high-quality composite materials.
This allows for a lighter, simpler yet more powerful aircraft structure.
By the use of latest technologies, the plane produces less noise and emission, requires less maintenance and fuel consumption, while offering greater safety and comfort to passengers.
All of these come at no expense of performance as B787 can fly up to 14,140km non-stop – a powerful, yet eco-friendly construct.
Bamboo Airways Fleet Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Cabin Interior Class Configuration and Seats Layout
The brand new Bamboo Airways Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner is configured with 294 seats between three classes.
There is space for 26 in the business class cabin, 21 in premium economy and a total of 247 economy seats.
Bamboo Airways 787 Business is in a 1-2-1 layout, with a lie flat bed and privacy partitions between seats.
The seat was based on the Zodiac Cirrus outward facing model, which includes direct aisle access for every seat.
It’s similar to the one featured on the KLM 787 Dreamliner, as well as the second-gen Cathay Pacific A350 business class.
Bamboo Airways says that its business class product uses “high-quality leather and fabric from the world’s leading manufacturers such as Botany Weaving (Ireland) and Lantal.”
The design is certainly easy on the eye, with the walnut accents making for a luxurious experience.
Each seat transforms into a fully-flat bed at the hold of a button.
However, this was noticeably different from the Collins Aerospace Super Diamond seat shown on the Bamboo Airways’ website (which currently flies the direct Melbourne to Hanoi route).
Instead of an earthy brown and beige palette, this aircraft had a navy blue and cream colour scheme with patterned cloth seat, brushed metal buttons and trims, and a grey fold-out tray table.
A padded footrest echoed the chair, with a small shelf for shoes beneath.
The seat back felt slightly contoured in the middle, almost like a racing bucket seat, which could potentially be uncomfortable for travellers who don’t fit perfectly into the snug, particularly on a flight of this duration.
A tray table slid out from under the static benchtop on an angle, and then folded out forwards.
It didn’t slide closer, but the seat controls allowed you to move forward enough to do some work without stretching or avoid wearing lunch on your lap.
Storage wise, there was a small triangular tray above the magazine and safety instructions, a deep compartment on the aisle side of the seat, and a nook with a hook for headphones.
Aside from that, the only options were to keep things on the table or up in the overhead locker.
A universal AC power outlet and USB charger port were also included for charging devices.
In the fully-reclined position, the seat has a slight hump in the middle, meaning you were better off leaving it on a slight angle.
A mattress topper – like the one Cathay Pacific rolled out on these seats in 2019 – would likely solve this issue.
Further back in the cabin, Bamboo Airways 787’s premium economy cabin takes up three rows of seats, enough space for 21 passengers.
Premium seat is the surprise that Bamboo Airways would like to give passenger on Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.
Premium seat row has the 38 inch pitch (about 1m) – more larger than the normal economy seats.
BAV’s B787 fleet is including:
- A818 and A819 with 26 Business seats / 21 Special seats / 247 Economy seats. In particular, 21 Especially Rockwell Collins * MiQ seats with distance of up to nearly 1 meter more spacious than ordinary chairs, the seat backrest is more than 20 cm, allocated with diagram 2-3-2, there is a baffle between the Economy compartment and the Business one.
- A829 includes 30 Business seats / 36 Special seats / 226 Economy seats. In particular, 36 seats are Zodiac type similiar to ordinary Economy seats, but with a wider distance of 91.44 cm, the reclining seat is about 15.24 cm, allocated with diagram 3-3-3, with no curtain separating the Special Economy compartment and the Business one.
It’s laid out in a 2-3-2 configuration, with a pitch of 38” between seats.
The airline has gone for the Rockwell Collins premium economy seat, which offers a substantial recline of around 8”.
The seats also have footrests, headrests and coat hanger pegs.
The footrest and back support can both be controlled from the IFE screen, and every seat has a headphone jack, power socket and USB port.
Back in economy, the airline provides a 32” pitch in all seats which should make for a comfortable journey.
The standard 3-3-3 layout is split across two cabins with bathrooms in between.
Seat Map and Seating Chart Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Bamboo Airways
Wide-body aircraft Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Bamboo Airways has three class configuration on-board (Business, Premium, and Economy) with total of 247/226 seats.
Use airplane seat map to find which ones are more comfortable and which ones should be avoided.
Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Bamboo Airways Aircraft Fleet Inflight Amenities and On-Board Services Information
- Audio. A wide selection of music and audio stories are available for your listening pleasure through streaming to your personal device (i.e., smartphone, tablet, laptop). Access is available via Bamboo Sky. Bamboo Sky is the airline’s on-board entertainment streaming feature. [Installation on aircraft commenced in August 2019, therefore, not all aircraft might have this feature.]
- Video. There was a selection of 31 movies (including two Vietnamese language films), six TV shows, six documentaries and 12 episodes of ‘Adventure Golf’. Most movies dated from around the mid 2010s, with only one option released post-2020.
- Food. Bamboo Airways provides full meals, sandwiches, snacks and beverages on all of their flights. Service depends on time of day and flight length.
- Internet. Bamboo Airways B787-9 Dreamliner plane’s outfitted with Panasonic Wi-Fi.
Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Bamboo Airways Aircraft Fleet Data and Registration Number
|Reg||Aircraft Type||Delivered||Aircraft Name|
|VN-A818||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner||Jan 2020||Sam Son Beach|
|VN-A819||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner||Dec 2019||Ha Long Bay|
|VN-A829||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner||Jan 2020||Quy Nhon City|
Bamboo Airways Aircraft Fleet Wide-Body Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Images Gallery
Thanks to visiting AirlinesFleet.com and read article : Bamboo Airways Fleet Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Details and Pictures.