British Airways Fleet Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner Details and Pictures. On today fleet, British Airways operates 12 Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner.
British Airways 787-8 services long-haul routes from London to Toronto and Newark, as well as short haul routes to Stockholm.
This aircraft operates in a three class configuration carrying a total of 214 passengers.
The aircraft is 20% more fuel efficient than similar sized commercial jets it is designed to replace, and to date, is Boeing’s most fuel efficient aircraft.
Composite materials make up 50 percent of the primary structure, including the fuselage and wing.
The engine nacelles are made of serrated edges that reduce the noise levels both outside and inside the cabin, by up to 60%.
The aircraft also features raked wingtip to further improve the fuel efficiency.
The windows are more than 30 percent larger than those on most similarly sized airplanes.
Instead of pulling shades up and down, customers can adjust the brightness of windows with a button.
Using an electrochromic dimming system, the windows turn from fully transparent to completely dimmed in gradual steps.
Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner British Airways Aircraft Fleet Data and Registration Number
|Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner||G-ZBJA|
|Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner||G-ZBJB|
|Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner||G-ZBJC|
|Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner||G-ZBJD|
|Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner||G-ZBJE|
|Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner||G-ZBJF|
|Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner||G-ZBJG|
|Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner||G-ZBJH|
|Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner||G-ZBJI|
|Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner||G-ZBJJ|
|Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner||G-ZBJK|
|Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner||G-ZBJM|
British Airways Fleet Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner Cabin Interior Class Configuration and Seats Layout
British Airways offers 35 Club World Business Class flat bed seats.
Club World seats A,K,E offer a bit more privacy than the aisle seats and may be considered more ideal for those passengers traveling alone.
The middle seats offer extra storage space, and the rear-facing middle seats offer additional interior storage space for items such as a laptop/iPad and an extra flat surface for items such as drinks or magazines.
There are entertainment boxes in front of all window and aisle seats, which may restrict legroom slightly and impede underseat storage space.
Seat Map and Seating Chart Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner British Airways
Club World class has 35 flat bed seats located in two sections.
All A,K,E seats of this class are ideal for passengers who are travelling alone as they provide some privacy.
All E seats have extra storage space.
There are 21 seats in the first section.
All these seat are standard.
Only close location of the seats 1F, 1J, 3BDFJ to galleys and lavatory may be a problem.
The second section has 14 seats located in 2 rows.
The only disadvantage of the seats 6BDFJ is proximity of the galley.
World Traveller Plus class includes 25 standard seats.
The seats of the 10th row are often given to passengers with infants as these seats have bassinets located here.
As the tray tables of these seats are in the armrests, the width of these seats is reduced a little.
Also there is no floor storage for these seats during takeoff and landing.
The seats of the 13th row are the seats of the last row in the section and may have limited recline.
There are 154 standard seats in the Economy class.
The only disadvantage of the seats of 30th row is lack of floor storage during take-off and landing.
The seats 26DEF, 26HJK and the seats of 27th row may have limited recline and are located close to the lavatories.
Passengers of the seats of the 30th row will take advantage of extra space for their legs due to the exit row located in front.
Among disadvantages of these seats: reduced width of the seats, lack of floor storage during take-off and landing.
Also other passengers tend to gather in this area to visit lavatories.
It can get cold by the exits during the flight at the seats 30A and 30K.
The seats 37A and 37K have misaligned windows.
There are no windows at the seats 38A and 38K.
For passengers who are travelling with a partner will be ideal seats of the 39th row.
However, close location to the lavatory and galleys may be a problem as well as for passengers of the seats 40D and 40F and of the last 41st row.
British Airways Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner Technical Specification
Number in fleet
|Passenger capacity||214 (3 class)|
|Length||56.7m (186 feet)|
|Wingspan||60m (197 feet)|
|Height||16.9m (55 feet 6 inches)|
|Engines||2× Rolls Royce Trent 1000|
|Maximum speed||954km/h (680mph, Mach 0.89)|
|Range||15,200km (9,440 miles)|
British Airways Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner Customer Benefits
- Choice of Club World, World Traveller Plus and World Traveller
- Personal audio and video on demand
- Increased cabin comfort with large windows, higher humidity and lower pressurization
Where does British Airways Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner fly?
The aircraft operates on variety of routes, including:
- Newark – New York
- New Orleans
- Rio de Janeiro
Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner British Airways Aircraft Fleet Inflight Amenities and On-Board Services Information
- Audio. This aircraft offers approximately 130 movies, 650 TV shows, 550 audio albums, and 225 radio shows all with personal TVs.
- Video. All seats on this aircraft offer personal seat back televisions. Passengers traveling in Club World have a 12.1″ personal in-flight entertainment touch screen, equipped with noise-cancelling headphones as well as a video RCA connection to use their own digital equipment to play back on the screen. World Traveller Plus passengers have a 10.6″ touchscreen TV with noise-cancelling head phones and those traveling in World Traveller Economy Class will have 8.9″ seatback TVs.
- AC Power. All seats feature 110V in-seat laptop power ports. Club World and World Traveller Plus have a power port at each seat, while World Traveller has 2 power ports for every 3 seats. All seats in Club World Business and World Traveller Plus classes feature 2 USB power sockets. Those seated in World Traveller Economy Class have 1 USB power socket.
- Food. British Airways offers a variety of complimentary food and beverages, based on the time of day and departure location. An enhanced meal service is offered to Club Europe passengers. Click here for more information about food offered onboard.
British Airways Aircraft Fleet Wide-Body Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner Images Gallery
Thanks to visiting AirlinesFleet.com and read article : British Airways Fleet Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner Details and Pictures.
1 thought on “British Airways Fleet Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner Details and Pictures”
Comments are closed.