British Airways Fleet Airbus A321-200 Details and Pictures. Today British Airways operated 18 narrow-body aircraft Airbus A321-200.
The Airbus A321-200 is a single aisle, twin-engine jet manufactured by Airbus Industrie, the European consortium.
Compared with the A320, the A321’s obvious difference is the stretched fuselage.
Other less visible changes include more powerful engines, a strengthened undercarriage and larger tyres, all to cope with the extra weight of the aircraft.
About 50 tons of air passes through the engines of the A321 every minute; the equivalent to over 50,000 people exhaling at the same time.
Airbus A321-200 British Airways Aircraft Fleet Data and Registration Number
British Airways Fleet Airbus A321-200 Cabin Interior Class Configuration and Seats Layout
British Airways operates 3 cabin versions of Airbus A321-200 airplanes.
- British Airways A321-200 Domestic. British Airways operates the Airbus A321 on UK domestic routes to Manchester, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Aberdeen. This A321 features a one class configuration with 205 standard UK Domestic Class seats.
- British Airways A321-200 European. British Airways operates this Airbus A321 on flights to European destinations from London Heathrow. This plane has a movable divider between the Club Europe and Euro Traveller sections, so many configurations are possible.
- British Airways A321-200 International. This aircraft is one of three different A321 models that British Airways operates; this version is the International model that flies on routes to Cairo and Tel-Aviv. The A321 is an ex-bmi aircraft that is configured with 23 Club World seats and 131 World Traveller seats. Club World is British Airways Business Class on long haul international routes and on this aircraft features Thompson Aero flat bed seats. World Traveller Class is British Airways Economy Class on long haul international routes and for this A321 features Geven “Piuma” Economy seating.
Seat Map and Seating Chart Airbus A321-200 Domestic British Airways
First version of Airbus A321 is the most common.
British Airways uses the Airbus A321 for domestic routes to Manchester, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Aberdeen.
This A321 aircraft has one class configuration that includes 205 standard UK Domestic Class seats.
Passengers of the seats of 1st row may have less legroom because of the bulkhead position and may feel discomfort because of their proximity to the galleys and lavatories.
Another disadvantage of these seats is lack of floor storage during take-off and landing.
B seats of the rows 2-7, 9-14 are removable because these rows may be converted to Club Europe configuration, At the sides and in the middle of these seats there are gaps that make them uncomfortable.
The seats of the 8th row are not reclining as behind them exit row is located.
Passengers of the seats 9AC and 9DEF will take advantage of extra legroom however the width of these seats is slightly reduced as the tray tables are in the armrests making them immovable.
These seats are considered best seats.
The seats of the 22nd row do not recline because of another exit row located behind.
The seats of the 23rd row are considered best seats as well as the seats of the 9th row having the same advantage, i.e. extra space for passengers’ legs and the same disadvantage as reduced seat width.
Proximity to the lavatories may be bothersome for passengers of the seats 34C and 34 D.
The seats of the 35th row are considered bad seats as they have limited recline because of the wall located behind.
Another disadvantage is close location of these seats to the lavatories and galleys.
Seat Map and Seating Chart Airbus A321-200 European British Airways
The second version of Airbus A321 airplane features 177 seats in two classes.
It is mainly used during the flights from London to other European countries.
Club Europe section has 54 seats.
First 3 rows have 2-2 configuration.
The middle seats are blocked here.
The seats of the 1st row are standard seats of Euro Traveller section but with blocked middle seats (seat B). B seats exist but they are not sold.
These seats have the following disadvantages: restricted space for passengers’ legs, reduced seat width, close location to the galley and lavatory, and finally lack of floor storage during take-off and landing.
The seats of the 4th row are considered the best seats, except seat B that is not sold as it is very narrow and is not used in Club Europe.
Passengers of all other seats will take advantage of extra legroom. In front of this row curtain is located that separates it from Club Europe section.
It is uncomfortable to watch video from these seats.
Rows from 5 to 14 are convertible to Club Europe configuration that is why B seats may be removed.
These seats are uncomfortable as there are gaps at the sides and in the middle of them.
C seats in these rows are standard Euro Traveller seats that are not sold if D and F seats are sold as Club Europe seats.
The seats of the 8th row have limited recline as exit row is located behind.
Passengers of the seats 9AC and 9DF will feel comfortable thanks to extra space for their legs.
There are 4 seats in the 22nd row.
These seats do not recline due to the exit row located behind.
The seats of the 23rd row are considered good seats as they have extra legroom thanks to the exit row in front.
The tray tables are built-in the armrests making them immovable and reducing the width of these seats a little.
Also there is no floor storage for these seats during take-off and landing.
The main disadvantage of the seats 34C and 34D is proximity to the lavatories that may be bothersome.
The seats of the 35th row are considered bad seats as they have limited recline and are located close to the lavatories and galley.
Seat Map and Seating Chart Airbus A321-200 International British Airways
This version of Airbus A321 is operated by British Airways on international routes to Cairo and Tel-Aviv.
This airplane may transport 154 passengers.
23 seats are flat bed seats located in Club World section.
All these seats are standard.
Only the seats 1B and 1D have such a disadvantage as close proximity to the galleys.
Economy class has 131 standard seats that mainly have 3-3 configuration.
The seats of the 9th row are often given to passengers that travel with babies as here is a bassinet location.
The tray tables of these seats are located in the armrests making them immovable and reducing the width of these seats .
There is no floor storage for these seats during take-off and landing.
There are 5 passenger seats in the 19th row and one crew seat instead of seat F.
As behind this row emergency exit is located, the seats of these row may have limited recline.
The best seats on this airplane are the seats of the 20th row.
The main advantage of these seats is extra legroom.
Among disadvantages: lack of floor storage during take-off and landing and reduced width of these seats.
The seats of the 31st row may have limited recline.
Close location of the lavatories and galley may be bothersome.
British Airways Airbus A321-200 Technical Specification
|Number in fleet||18|
|Passenger capacity||Up to 220|
|Length||44.5m (146 feet)|
|Wingspan||34.1m (111 feet 11 inches)|
|Height||11.8m (38 feet 7 inches)|
|Engines||2xCFM International LEAP 1A engine|
|Maximum speed||828km/h (511mph, Mach 0.78)|
|Range||5,600km (3,000 miles)|
British Airways Airbus A321-200 Customer Benefits
- widest single-aisle fuselage on the market
- all leather seats
- power sockets at every seat (available on selected aircraft)
- quieter cabin and increased environmental performance
Where does British Airways Airbus A321-200 fly?
The aircraft operates to:
- Tel Aviv
Airbus A321-200 British Airways Aircraft Fleet Inflight Amenities and On-Board Services Information
- Audio. Both Business and Economy Class feature a Thales AVOD system, with 15.4″ touch screen monitors in Business Class and 8.9″ touch screen monitors in Economy Class.
- Video. Both Business and Economy Class feature a Thales AVOD system, with 15.4″ touch screen monitors in Business Class and 8.9″ touch screen monitors in Economy Class. In addition to offering a wide variety of video options, the IFE system will also feature content on destinations, shopping, airports, and British Airways’ fleet.
- AC Power. Powerports are available at every Club World Business seat, and can accomodate both Euoropean and US plugs. While there are no laptop powerports for seats in World Traveller Economy Class, there are USB powerports available at every seat in both Business and Economy Class.
- Food. British Airways offers a variety of complimentary food and beverages, based on the time of day and departure location. An enhanced meal service is offered to Club Europe passengers. Click here for more information about food offered onboard.
British Airways Aircraft Fleet Narrow-Body Airbus A321-200 Images Gallery
Thanks to visiting AirlinesFleet.com and read article : British Airways Fleet Airbus A321-200 Details and Pictures.