British Airways Fleet Airbus A318-100 Details and Pictures. The Airbus A318-100 is a single aisle, twin-engine jet manufactured by Airbus Industrie, the European consortium.
It is the smallest member of the Airbus A320 family and thanks to its steep approach compatibility, can fly longhaul from London City airport.
The Airbus A318 is 6 metres shorter and 14 tonnes lighter than the A320.
To compensate, it has a larger vertical stabilizer, making it 80 centimetres taller than the other A320 variants.
The A318 retains much commonality with the rest of the A320 family, including the advanced flightdeck with side stick controllers and fly-by-wire flight controls, allowing pilots that fly the Airbus A320 family aircraft to fly the A318.
The A318 has a passenger capacity of 107 in a two-class configuration, however, British Airways operates the aircraft with just 32 seats across the Atlantic.
Airbus A318-100 British Airways Aircraft Fleet Data and Registration Number
|Airbus A318-112||G-EUNA||28 Aug 2009|
British Airways Fleet Airbus A318-100 Cabin Interior Class Configuration and Seats Layout
British Airways flies the Airbus A318 in a business class only configuration between London City Airport and New York JFK.
On the westbound sector, an operational fuel stop will occur in Shannon where passengers will also clear US customs and immigration before continuing to New York.
Seat Map and Seating Chart Airbus A318-100 British Airways
Airbus A318 operated by British Airways has 32 bed seats that are located in only class – Business (Club World).
The seats are located in 8 rows that have 2-2 configuration.
All the seats are standard with 20 inches width.
Only the seats of the 1st row and the seats of the last 8th row have a small disadvantage that may be bothersome for passengers of these seats – proximity of the lavatories and galleys.
British Airways Airbus A318-100 Technical Specification
|Number in fleet||1|
|Passenger capacity||32 (1 class)|
|Length||31.4m (103 feet 2 inches)|
|Wingspan||34.1m (111 feet 11 inches)|
|Height||12.6m (41 feet 2 inches)|
|Engines||2× CFM International CFM56-5|
|Maximum speed||871km/h (537mph, Mach 0.82)|
|Range||5,700km (3,600 miles)|
British Airways Airbus A318-100 Customer Benefits
- All business class cabin
- Onboard passenger communication system
- Lowest CO2 emissions per seat in its class
Airbus A318-100 British Airways Aircraft Fleet Inflight Amenities and On-Board Services Information
- Audio. Each passenger will receove a personal media player, preloaded with music and movies.
- Video. A first for British Airways, passengers are provided with personal media players preloaded with the latest music and movies that can be watched on demand. The media players are free-standing screens distributed by the flight attendants. Units can be plugged in and either stood on tray tables or clipped to a moveable arm.
- AC Power. Each seat has two 110V AC power port sockets, which accept UK or US plugs.
- Internet. OnAir allows you to use your mobile phone onboard Club World London City flights, giving you access to email, text messages, and the internet, but voice calls are not permitted. OnAir is exclusive to British Airways on this route and is accessible once the aircraft has reached an altitude of 10,000 feet, which is normally about 10 minutes after take off. You will require a mobile internet account for this service and you will be billed through your network provider. Please check with your network provider to ensure that they have an agreement with OnAir and to confirm the price. At this time, passengers with US mobile service cannot use OnAir, but according to BA, T-Mobile subscribers will have access by next spring. More Information
- Food. British Airways offers a variety of complimentary food and beverages, based on the time of day and departure location. Click here for more information about food offered onboard.
British Airways Aircraft Fleet Narrow-Body Airbus A318-100 Images Gallery
Thanks to visiting AirlinesFleet.com and read article : British Airways Fleet Airbus A318-100 Details and Pictures.