Virgin Australia Fleet Airbus A330-200 Details and Pictures. On current fleet, Virgin Australia operates 6 wide-body aircraft Airbus A330-200. This aircraft powered by Rolls Royce Trent 772B with maximum thrust 71,100 lb (316 kN). Virgin Australia’s A330 aircrafts offer superior space, comfort and luxury on selected flights between Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.
Airbus A330-200 Virgin Australia Aircraft Fleet Data and Registration Number
|Airbus A330-243||VH-XFC||5 Apr 2012||Mooloolaba Beach|
|Airbus A330-243||VH-XFD||25 Apr 2012||Bells Beach|
|Airbus A330-243||VH-XFE||18 Jun 2012||Manly Beach|
|Airbus A330-243||VH-XFG||19 Apr 2013||Terrigal Beach|
|Airbus A330-243||VH-XFH||25 Sep 2013||Duranbah Beach|
|Airbus A330-243||VH-XFJ||22 Sep 2014||Gnaraloo Bay|
Virgin Australia Fleet Airbus A330-200 Cabin Interior Class Configuration and Seats Layout
This Airbus A330-200 has 20 Business Class seats and 255 Economy Class seats for a total capacity of 275 passengers. Virgin Australia uses this aircraft on trans-Australian routes.
Virgin Australia flies the Economy X experience on this aircraft. Economy X offers a more premium experience at the airport and onboard. Economy X seats have additional legroom, preferred overhead storage space, priority boarding as well as priority screening at the airport.
Seat Map and Seating Chart Airbus A330-200 Virgin Australia
First 5 rows of seats represent seats of business class that have 1-2-1 configuration. So, there are totally 20 flat bed seats here that have 180 degrees recline. All these seats are standard.
Economy class may accommodate 255 passengers. The seats of the economy class are divided into two sections. First section consists of 18 rows of seats that have 2-4-2 configuration. Passengers traveling with infants are often seated on the seats of the 10th row as they offer bassinets. Passengers of the seats 10AC and 10HK will take advantage of extra legroom. Among disadvantages of the seats of the 10th roware: reduced width, lack of floor storage during take-off and landing and the noise from the galleys and lavatories located in front.
The main disadvantages of the seats of the 27th row are limited recline and location of the lavatories behind.
The second section f economy class seats is located behind the exit row. There are 15 rows of seats here. Thanks to the exit row located in front the seats of the 28th row offer extra space for passengers’ legs. However, passengers tend to gather in the area of these seats while waiting to use lavatories and thus causing discomfort to passengers’ of these seats. As the tray tables are in the armrests the width of these seats is reduced a little. Lack of floor storage during take-off and landing is another disadvantage of these seats.
As there are no seats behind the seats 37D and 37G are often bumped by other passengers and crew members passing by.
The seats 38DFG are a little narrower than standard, have some additional floor storage but it will be difficult to maneuver the legs.
Missing window makes the seat 39A bad seat.
The only disadvantage of the seats 41AC and 41HK is limited recline.
The seats 42DFG are considered bad seats because of limited recline and location of the galley behind.
- 20 Business suites
- 1-2-1 configuration
- Seat converts to a 203cm (80in) fully flat bed
- 16 inch in-flight entertainment screen
- USB and universal power charging point
- 255 leather seats
- 2-4-2 configuration
- 78.7cm (31in) seat pitch
- 44.1cm (17.4in) seat width
- 12.7cm (5in) recline
- Seatback in-flight Entertainment system, 22.8cm (9in) screen
- USB and in-seat power
Airbus A330-200 Virgin Australia Aircraft Fleet Inflight Amenities and On-Board Services Information
- Audio. Business Class is equipped with personal 16-inch IFE screens. Economy Class is equipped with personal 9-inch IFE screens.
- Video. Business Class is equipped with personal 15-inch IFE screens. Economy Class is equipped with personal 9-inch IFE screens.
- AC Power. All classes are equipped with in-seat laptop power.
- Economy. The Business class menu offers a gourmet food, with various options for breakfast, lunch and dinner ranging from snacks to meals. On flights longer than 3 hours, the Business class provides a three-course meal for lunch and dinner. Available only on the A330 Business class, barista style coffee is served. The Economy class also offers an array of gourmet snack and meal options, with complimentary beer and wine on flights departing between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Virgin Australia Aircraft Fleet Wide-Body Airbus A330-200 Images Gallery
Thanks to visiting AirlinesFleet.com and read article : Virgin Australia Fleet Airbus A330-200 Details and Pictures.