British Airways Fleet Boeing 777-200/ER Details and Pictures. On current fleet, British Airways operated 46 wide-body aircraft Boeing 777-200/ER.
British Airways operate these aircraft on long-haul routes to North and South America, the Caribbean, Africa, Australasia, the Far East, Middle East and Gulf destinations.
In 2006, British Airways set a new record for the longest non-stop commercial flight.
The Boeing 777-200 flew 17,157km (9,274nm) from Brussels to Melbourne, in 18h45.
Often referred to as the ‘Triple Seven’, it was the world’s first commercial aircraft entirely designed by computer.
Its visible features include super large engines, low hanging landing gear and a blade shaped tail cone with a relatively narrow tail-fin.
British Airways took part in the design of the aircraft with Boeing, and is today one of the world’s largest operators of the type.
The Boeing 777 has emerged as a best seller for long-haul commercial aircraft thanks to its excellent fuel efficiency and cabin comfort.
Boeing 777-200/ER British Airways Aircraft Fleet Data and Registration Number
British Airways Fleet Boeing 777-200/ER Cabin Interior Class Configuration and Seats Layout
British Airways operates 3 cabin versions of Boeing 777-200/ER airplanes.
- BA 777-200/ER Four Class Layout. Note that British Airways flies more than one version of the 777. There are four classes on this transatlantic aircraft, but BA also has a 3-class configuration. This aircraft type is based from London Heathrow. Seats A,C,D,E,F,H, and K in World Traveller Economy Class have underseat entertainment storage boxes. As a result, these seats have limited underseat storage and legroom.
- BA 777-200/ER Three Class Layout V1. Note that British Airways flies more than one version of the 777. There are three classes on this transatlantic plane, but BA also has a 4-class configuration. This aircraft type is based at London Heathrow. All A, D, F, and J seats in World Traveller class have limited underseat leg and storage space due to the presence of an entertainment equipment box.
- BA 777-200/ER Three Class Layout V2. British Airways’ Boeing 777-200 Three Class V2 is operated on long-haul routes. This 777-200 features a 3 class configuration with 32 flat bed Business Class seats, 52 Premium Economy seats, and 252 standard Economy Class seats.
Seat Map and Seating Chart Boeing 777-200ER Four Class Layout British Airways
First version of Boeing 777-200/ER may transport 224 passengers in four classes.
First class includes 14 open suites.
All these seats are standard.
Only seats of the 1st row and the seats 4A and 4K have such a disadvantage as proximity of the lavatories and galley.
Club World class has 48 flat bed seats located in 6 rows per 8 seats in each.
The main disadvantage of the seats 10AB and 10JK is close location of the lavatories.
The seats 12A and 12K have misaligned windows.
The seats 15A and 15K have several advantages: in lying flat position these seats have a little more legroom and these seats have easier access to the aisle.
These seats are reserved for passengers with infants as they have bassinet location.
If these seats are not reserved they are released for other passengers 24 hours prior the flight.
The only insignificant disadvantage of these seats are misaligned windows, but these seats have more than one window.
All E and F seats are ideal for those passengers who travel with partners.
The seats 15 E and 15F have bassinet location.
Passengers with babies are often seated here.
However, high-traffic area may be a problem.
World Traveller Plus has 40 seats located in 5 rows and have 2-4-2 configuration.
The seats of the 21st row are considered best seats on the airplane.
Passengers of these seats will feel comfortable thanks to a lot of extra space for their legs.
Plus the footrest is attached to these seats.
As the tray tables are in the armrests, the width of these seats is reduced.
Also there is no floor storage for these seats during takeoff and landing.
The only disadvantage of the seats of the 25th row is proximity of the lavatories.
Entertainment equipment stored under the seats 25DEF limits the under-seat leg and storage space.
World Traveller section includes 122 standard seats.
The seats 26A and 26K are bad seats as they have restricted space for passengers’ legs because of the exit door protrusion.
These seats have no windows.
Among other disadvantages: lack of overhead storage and of floor storage during take-off and landing, reduced width of the seats and proximity of the lavatories.
All other seats of the 26th row, i.e. the seats 26DC, 26DEF and 26HJ have extra legroom but at the same time have the same disadvantages as seats 26A and 26K, namely: lack of floor storage during take-off and landing, reduced width of the seats.
Also other passengers tend to gather here in order to visit lavatories.
The width of the seats 36A and 36K, 37A and 37K and 38A is reduced.
The seats 38ABC are considered bad seats as they do not recline and are located close to the lavatories.
The seats 38D and 39DEF have movable armrests.
However, as under these seats is stored entertainment equipment these room is restricted for passengers’ legs and storage of personal items.
Proximity of the lavatory and galleys may be bothersome.
Other passengers tend to bump into seat 38H.
The only disadvantage of the seats 39J and 39K is close location of the lavatories and galleys.
Seat Map and Seating Chart Boeing 777-200ER Three Class Layout V1 British Airways
Second version of Boeing 777-200/ER operated by British Airways is the most common.
The cabin is divided into three classes disposing totally of 275 seats.
Club World class has 48 flat bed seats divided into 2 section.
There are 32 seats in first section and 16 in the second one.
In the first section seats are located in 5 rows.
The only disadvantage of the seats 1D and 1G is their close location to the lavatory. The best seats in this section are 2B and 2J.
Passengers of these seats will feel comfortable thanks to the extra legroom.
The seats 5A and 5K are considered bad seats as they do not have windows.
Close location of the seats 5B and 5J to the galley and lavatories may represent a problem.
The second section has 2 rows of seats per 8 in each.
The seats 10BD and 10GJ have extra space for passenger’ legs but proximity of the lavatories may be bothersome.
World Traveller Plus class may transport 24 passengers.
The seats of the 12th row (first row of this section) are considered good seats as they have extra legroom.
Word Traveller class includes 203 seats.
All A, D, F, and J seats here have restricted under seat leg and storage space as entertainment equipment is located here.
Passengers who are travelling with infants are often seated on the seats of the 15th row as they are equipped with Britax’s infant seats.
The seats 16C and 16H have extra legroom due to the missing seat in front.
But the width of these seats is reduced a little as the armrests are immovable.
Also these seats have no floor storage during takeoff and landing.
The seats 17A and 17K are missing windows.
The main disadvantage of the seats of the 23rd row is proximity of the lavatories.
The seats 26A and 26K have restricted space for passengers’ legs as the exit doors are thrusting out in this area.
Among other disadvantages are: lack of floor storage during takeoff and landing and close location of the lavatories.
The other seats of the 26th row, namely 26 BC, 26DEF and 26HJ on the contrary have extra space for passengers legs but the disadvantages are the same: proximity of the lavatories and lack of floor storage during takeoff and landing.
As always the main disadvantage of the seats of the last rows in the airplane, i.e. 38C, 38HJK, 39AB, 39F and 40DEF is close location of the galleys and lavatories.
Seat Map and Seating Chart Boeing 777-200ER Three Class Layout V2 British Airways
This B777-200/ER configured without a First cabin and available on selected LGW routes.
Club World (business class) cabin configured with 32 flat bed seats.
World Traveller Plus or premium eco cabin configured with 52 recliner seats.
World Traveller or economy class cabin configured with 252 standard seats.
If you’re flyng from London Gatwick, you can now look forward to a fully refreshed Boeing 777 fleet and new generation economy (World Traveller) and premium economy (World Traveller Plus) seats.
The refreshed cabins will soon start appearing on the Boeing 777 fleet at London Gatwick and the whole fleet will be updated by Summer 2019.
The economy and premium economy cabins have been fitted with elegant new seats with 50% larger entertainment screens and each seat will have a USB socket.
British Airways Boeing 777-200/ER Technical Specification
|Number in fleet||46|
|Passenger capacity||up to 336 (3 or 4 class)|
|Length||63.7m (209 feet 1 inches)|
|Wingspan||60.9m (199 feet 11 inches)|
|Height||18.5m (60 feet 9 inches)|
|Engines||2× Rolls Royce Trent 800 or 2× General Electric 90|
|Maximum speed||950km/h (590mph, Mach 0.89)|
|Range||6,857km (4,261 miles)|
British Airways Boeing 777-200/ER Customer Benefits
- Super quiet, super wide cabins with high ceilings
- Personal audio and video systems for all seats
- Choice of First, Club World, World Traveller Plus and World Traveller. (First available on some aircraft)
Where does British Airways Boeing 777-200/ER fly?
The Boeing 777-200/ER aircraft operates on the following routes:
- Buenos Aires
- New York
- Punta Cana
- Rio de Janeiro
Boeing 777-200/ER British Airways Aircraft Fleet Inflight Amenities and On-Board Services Information
- Audio. All seats have on demand video screens with hundreds of movies, TV programs, songs, and audio books to chose from.
- Video. All seats have on demand video screens with hundreds of movies, TV programs, songs, and audio books to chose from.
- AC Power. First, Club World Business, and World Traveller Plus all feature in-seat laptop power connections. There are some connections in the standard World Traveller class, but it varies by aircraft and is not guaranteed on each flight.
- Internet. British Airways is in the middle of introducing WiFi on all of their 777-200 aircraft. As of November 2018, 28 out of their 43 777-200s have WiFi. More information
- Food. British Airways offers a variety of complimentary food and beverages, based on the time of day and departure location. An enhanced meal service is offered to Club Europe passengers. Click here for more information about food offered onboard.
British Airways Aircraft Fleet Wide-Body Boeing 777-200/ER Images Gallery
Thanks to visiting AirlinesFleet.com and read article : British Airways Fleet Boeing 777-200/ER Details and Pictures.