WestJet Encore Fleet Bombardier Dash 8-Q400 Details and Pictures. WestJet Encore operated 47 Bombardier Dash 8-Q400 (De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400). The Q400 is a twin-engined turboprop aircraft manufactured by the Canadian company Bombardier. The “Q” in the name stands for “quiet”, because the noise and vibration suppression system (NVS) neutralises a large proportion interior and exterior noise, making the aircraft one of the quietest in its class. This aircraft type is also environmentally friendly because of its fuel economy and much lower CO2 emissions than comparable jets. WestJet Encore added the Q400 to its fleet in June 2013.
Bombardier Dash 8-Q400 WestJet Encore Aircraft Fleet Data and Registration Number
|Reg||Aircraft Type||Config||Delivered||Fleet Number||Age|
|C-FENJ||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||May 2015||423||3.7 Years|
|C-FENO||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Jun 2016||432||2.5 Years|
|C-FENU||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Aug 2013||403||5.5 Years|
|C-FENY||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Aug 2013||405||5.5 Years|
|C-FHEN||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Jun 2013||402||5.7 Years|
|C-FIWE||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Apr 2014||411||4.8 Years|
|C-FJWE||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Jan 2016||428||2.9 Years|
|C-FKWE||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||May 2014||412||4.8 Years|
|C-FNEN||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Oct 2013||406||5.3 Years|
|C-FOEN||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Jun 2013||401||5.7 Years|
|C-FOWE||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Jun 2014||413||4.8 Years|
|C-FQWE||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Jun 2014||415||4.6 Years|
|C-FSWE||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Feb 2016||429||2.9 Years|
|C-FTEN||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Apr 2018||450||0.7 Years|
|C-FUWE||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Sep 2014||416||4.5 Years|
|C-FWEP||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Feb 2017||439||1.9 Years|
|C-FWEW||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Apr 2018||451||2.0 Years|
|C-FWEZ||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Dec 2014||417||4.1 Years|
|C-GDEN||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Jul 2015||425||3.5 Years|
|C-GDEW||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Sep 2017||447||1.4 Years|
|C-GEEN||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Jul 2015||426||3.5 Years|
|C-GENK||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Jun 2016||433||2.5 Years|
|C-GENM||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Nov 2013||407||5.3 Years|
|C-GENO||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Sep 2016||436||2.2 Years|
|C-GENU||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Dec 2015||427||3.1 Years|
|C-GENV||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Apr 2017||442||1.7 Years|
|C-GEWR||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||May 2018||452||2.0 Years|
|C-GJEN||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Nov 2016||437||2.2 Years|
|C-GJWE||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Dec 2013||408||5.1 Years|
|C-GKWE||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Mar 2017||440||1.8 Years|
|C-GLWJ||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Apr 2016||431||2.8 Years|
|C-GPWE||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Apr 2017||441||1.7 Years|
|C-GTWE||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Feb 2016||430||2.8 Years|
|C-GVEN||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Aug 2016||435||2.3 Years|
|C-GVWE||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Jan 2015||418||4.1 Years|
|C-GWEF||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Feb 2015||419||4.0 Years|
|C-GWEG||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Mar 2015||420||4.0 Years|
|C-GWEJ||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Jun 2017||445||1.6 Years|
|C-GWEN||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Dec 2016||438||2.0 Years|
|C-GWEO||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Feb 2014||409||5.0 Years|
|C-GWEP||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Dec 2013||410||5.1 Years|
|C-GWEQ||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Mar 2015||421||3.9 Years|
|C-GWEU||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||May 2015||422||3.8 Years|
|C-GWFE||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Oct 2017||448||1.2 Years|
|C-GWJK||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||May 2017||443||1.6 Years|
|C-GWRE||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Mar 2018||449||0.9 Years|
|C-GWUE||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400||Y78||Aug 2017||446||1.5 Years|
WestJet Encore Fleet Bombardier Dash 8-Q400 Cabin Interior Class Configuration and Seats Layout
The Plus section is located in the first three rows of the aircraft. Passengers seated in Plus will get advance boarding, first access to overhead bins, and complimentary food and beverages (selections vary). In addition, the Plus fare offers passengers the ability to change or cancel flights for no fee.
The WestJet Q400 is a single class aircraft that operates on short-haul flights. This version is configured in a 2-2 format and is flying with 78 seats of Economy Class.
Bombardier Dash 8-Q400 WestJet Encore Aircraft Interior Configuration and Technical Characteristics
|Bombardier Dash 8-Q400|
|Engine||Pratt and Whitney 150A|
|Average seat pitch||30 in./76.2 cm|
|Lavatories1||1 (one at the front of the aircraft)|
|Cruise speed||414 mph/667 kph/360 knots|
|Maximum altitude||25,000 ft./7,620 m|
|Range||1,565 mi./2,519 km|
|Wingspan||93 ft. 3 in./28.4 m|
|Length||107 ft. 9 in./32.8 m|
|Tail height||27 ft. 5 in./8.4 m|
|Cargo door dimensions2||51 in. tall|
59 in. wide
|1Please note: due to cold winter temperatures, the waterlines on our Q400s are turned off. The toilets still function as usual, and there are sanitary wipes and bottled water on board. We apologize for any inconvenience.2Please note: although the Q400 aircraft cargo door height is 51 in. (129.4 cm), the aircraft model operating a specific flight may change due to operational requirements on the day of travel. As such, any item exceeding 33 in. (83.82 cm) in height may need to be turned on its side or angled to fit through the opening. Items (including mobility devices) that that are too large to fit through the opening, cannot be turned on their side, or cannot be angled to fit through the cargo door opening, will not be accepted.|
Unique characteristics of WestJet Encore and the Q400
- Guests travelling on WestJet Encore aircraft are permitted a maximum of three pieces of checked baggage. Please ensure you use the most restrictive baggage allowance if your travels include a WestJet Encore flight and a WestJet or partner connection to ensure your baggage wil be accepted. See our baggage allowances and our partner airlinesfor more details.
|Item||WestJet Encore allowance||WestJet allowance|
|Checked baggage allowances Maximum weight: 23 kg (50 lb.) Maximum size (length + width + height) 157 cm (62 in.)||Maximum three bags||Maximum four bags|
- As our turboprop aircraft are not equipped with an inflight entertainment system, we recommend bringing books, magazines, portable DVD players/tablets for yourself and some toys for your little WestJetters. You can also enjoy our WestJet Magazine – available in the seatback pockets.
Boarding the aircraft
- Most WestJet Encore flights are ground loaded. If you require extra assistance, guests can reserve a wheelchair or request special assistance online at the time of booking or by contacting us by phone.
Bombardier Dash 8-Q400 WestJet Encore Aircraft Fleet Inflight Amenities Information
- Audio. Audio options are availalble for passengers on board.
- Video. On most aircrafts, each seat features a personal TV with a choice of 24 channels including sports, news, lifestyle. WestJet offers a choice of up to 4 pay-per-view movies on most flights 2.5 hours or longer for $5.99 each. WestJet’s pay-per-view TV programs range from $1.99 to $2.99 each.More InformationChannel Guide
- AC Power. Power connectivity is available for passengers in all classes. USB ports are available for passengers in all classes.
- Internet. Wifi connectivity is available for passengers.
- Food. WestJet offers several food options for passengers. For more information please click this link. On all flights over 70 minutes, WestJet is offering a complimentary beverage service which includes soft drinks, juice, coffee or tea, as well as passengers’ choice of a sweet or salty snack. On most flights over 1 hour and 40 minutes, snacks can be purchased through Westjet’s Buy on Board program. View Menu
WestJet Encore Aircraft Fleet Turboprop Bombardier Dash 8-Q400 Images Gallery
Thanks to visiting AirlinesFleet.com and read article : WestJet Encore Fleet Bombardier Dash 8-Q400 Details and Pictures.