WestJet Fleet Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Details and Pictures. WestJet operated brand new aircraft Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner alongside their Boeing 767-300ERW as wide-body and long range fleet. The Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner is an long-haul, mid-size widebody, twin-engine jet airliner. It has three classes: Business, Economy Premium and Economy. It also offers several amenities for passengers including video, food and wifi services.
Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner WestJet Aircraft Fleet Data and Registration Number
|Aircraft Type||Reg||Airline||Config||Status / Fate||Remark|
|Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner||C-||WestJet||C16W28Y276||On Order||901|
WestJet Fleet Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Cabin Interior Class Configuration and Seats Layout
Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner operated by WestJet may accommodate 320 passengers in three classes.
Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner WestJet Aircraft Interior Configuration and Technical Characteristics
|Engine||General Electric GEnx|
|Economy seat pitch||31”|
|Premium seat pitch||38”|
|Business seat pitch||46”|
|Cruise speed||Mach 0.85|
|Range||7,635 nautical miles (8,786 mi; 14,140 km) range|
|Height (total)||17.02m (55.10ft)|
|Cargo container dimensions||WestJet preloads items into a container, then loads the container into the aircraft cargo compartment. Containers measure 64 in. (162.4 cm) in height, while depth and width vary by container.|
WestJet Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner advantages
A smooth journey
The WestJet 787 Dreamliner has smart sensors that detect turbulence and are designed to reduce motion sickness eightfold, according to Boeing.
A spectacular view of the world
- The biggest window size of any aircraft, positioned so that everyone can enjoy the views
- Dreamliner interior includes high vaulted ceiling, wide body, and adjustable LED lighting
- No more shades – windows are dimmable at the touch of a button
A greener machine
- Dreamliners use 25% less fuel per passenger compared with aircraft of a similar size
- 10% more fuel efficient than the best of its competition, according to Boeing
Welcome a breath of fresh air
- More humid cabin air means your throat and eyes suffer less dryness
- Cabin is pressurized to 2,000 ft lower than the standard 6000ft, making it easier to breathe
- HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filtering technology – the same used in hospital operating rooms
Experience a quieter cabin
- A quiet air conditioner and technology that reduces vibrations in sidewalls, ceilings, and softens engine noise
- Better speakers make the public address system easy to hear
Seat Map and Seating Chart WestJet Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
Business class seats are the seats of the first 4 rows. There are 4 seats in each row. So business class may accommodate 16 passengers on flat bed seats that have 46 inches pitch and 21 inches width. Only the seats of the 1st and 4th row have such a disadvantage as close location of the galleys and lavatories.
Behind exit row 4 rows of premium economy class are located. These seats have 2-3-2 configuration and offer 38 inches pitch and 19 inches width. The seats of the 5th row (the first row in premium economy class) have the following disadvantages: lack of floor storage during take-off and landing, reduced width because the tray tables are built-in the armrests making them immovable and close location of the lavatories and galley.
Economy class offers 276 standard seats located in two sections. These seats have 31-35 inches pitch and 17.5 inches width.
First section contains 16 rows that have 3-3-3 configuration. All these seats are standard, only the seats of the 24th row have such a disadvantage as noise from the lavatories located behind.
Second section of economy class seats is located behind an exit row. Passengers of the seats 25DEF, 26ABC and 26HJK will take advantage of extra legroom. However reduced width, no floor storage during take-off and landing and proximity of the lavatories may be bothersome.
Because of missing windows the seats 37A and 37K are considered bad seats.
Limited recline, reduced personal space when the seats in front are reclined and close location of the lavatory and galley area behind make the seats 39ABC, 39HJK and 40DEF bad seats.
Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner WestJet Aircraft Fleet Inflight Amenities Information
- Audio. Audio options are availalble for passengers on board.
- Video. On most aircrafts, each seat features a personal TV with a choice of 24 channels including sports, news, lifestyle. WestJet offers a choice of up to 4 pay-per-view movies on most flights 2.5 hours or longer for $5.99 each. WestJet’s pay-per-view TV programs range from $1.99 to $2.99 each.More Information
- AC Power. Power connectivity is available for passengers in all classes. USB ports are available for passengers in all classes.
- Internet. Wifi connectivity is available for passengers.
- Food. WestJet offers several food options for passengers. For more information please click this link.
WestJet Aircraft Fleet Wide-Body Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Images Gallery
Thanks to visiting AirlinesFleet.com and read article : WestJet Fleet Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Details and Pictures.