American Airlines Fleet Boeing 737 MAX 8 Details and Pictures. American Airlines added the Boeing 737 MAX 8 to their fleet in 2017. American Airlines was the second US airline to get the 737 MAX 8 aircraft, taking delivery in late September of its first of 100 aircraft it ordered. (They’re all MAX 8 variants — the jet comes in four sizes, from MAX 7 to MAX 10, seating up to 200-plus passengers).
Both 737 MAX 8 aircraft (registration N324RA and N304RB) were placed into service between Miami (MIA) and New York City’s LaGuardia (LGA). The three-hour, 1,097-mile flight just scratches the surface of what the aircraft is capable of doing; the MAX 8 can fly almost four times as long nonstop with a full load.
American Airlines operated 24 Boeing 737 MAX 8, and 10 aircraft still on order and planned to replace older Boeing 737-800. Currently, American Airlines grounding their Boeing 737 MAX 8 after Ethiopian Airlines incident.
American Airlines Boeing 737 MAX 8 Seating Chart and Class Configuration Details Overview
American Airlines Boeing 737 MAX 8 is configured with First Class, Main Cabin Extra, and Main Cabin seating.
Main Cabin Extra is a standard Main Cabin Economy Class-style seat with additional legroom.
The standard seats in Main Cabin Extra and Main Cabin feature a redesign of the back literature pocket and tray table to provide additional legspace.
The seat also contains a drop-down tablet/personal device holder positioned at a comfortable viewing level.
All entertainment on this aircraft is streamed, therefore, bring your own personal portable device.
|Class||Seat count||Seat pitch||Seat width||Wi-Fi||Entertainment||Power|
|Main Cabin Extra||30||33″, bulkhead, exit row||16.6 – 17.8″||available||Personal device||available|
|Main Cabin||126||30″||16.6 – 17.8″||available||Personal device||available|
Boeing 737 Max 8 American Airlines Seating Plan
First class offers 16 recliner seats located in the first 4 rows. The seats of the first class have 2-2 configuration.
Passengers of the seats of the 1st row may feel some discomfort due to a slightly limited legroom because of the bulkhead located in front, lack of floor storage during take-off and landing and close location of the lavatory and galley in front.
However, passengers of these seats may take advantage of some extra personal space because there are no reclining seats in front.
The seats of the 4th row are the seats of the last row in first class section.
As there is no bulkhead behind these seats that separates first class seats from main cabin extra section passengers of these seats may be disturbed during the flight by the noise from the main cabin extra section.
Main cabin extra has 30 standard seats that are located in 5 rows per 6 seats in each. These seats are located in two sections. First section contains 3 rows.
All the seats of main cabin extra offer extra legroom and these seats may be booked for an additional fee.
As there is no bulkhead in front of seats of the 8th row the tray tables of these seats are located in the armrests that is why the width of these seats is reduced a little.
Behind 3 rows of main cabin extra 5 rows of main cabin seats are located. These seats have 3-3 configuration. Due to missing windows the seats 12A and 12F are considered bad seats.
The only disadvantage of the seats 13A and 13F are misaligned widows.
Because of the exit row located behind the seats of the 15th row are less reclining than standard.
Behind the other 2 exit rows 2 more rows of main cabin extra are located.
Because of the exit row located behind the seats of the 16th row have limited recline but at the same time these seats have a little more personal space because the seats in front are less reclining.
The seats of the 17th row are considered the best seats because they offer not only extra legroom but also extra personal space.
Behind the last row of main cabin extra 16 rows of main cabin are located. These seats have 3-3 configuration. All these seats are standard. Only 8 seats located in the last two rows have some disadvantages.
The only disadvantage of the seats 32C and 32D is location of the galley and lavatory behind. It is also one of the disadvantages of the seats of the last 33rd row.
Among other disadvantages of these seats: limited recline and limited personal space when the seats in front are reclined. These seats are bad seats.
American Airlines Narrow Body Boeing 737 MAX 8 In-flight amenities Information
- Audio. A variety of music selections are available and accessed through personal portable devices.
- Video. A variety of film, television program, and video game selections are available and accessed through personal portable devices. The new innovative seats on the 737 MAX 8 allow for easy placement at a comfortable viewing position of personal portable devices.
- AC Power. All classes of service on this aircraft feature regular AC power.
- Internet. Wi-Fi service is availble to all personal portable devices. Internet access is available for a fee. Daily and monthly passes may be purchased before flight. Additional information about the service may be accessed by clicking here.
- Food. Non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary. Alcoholic beverages may be purchased in Main Cabin Economy Class and are complimentary in First Class.Food service depends on length of flight and time of day. Main Cabin and Main Cabin Extra items might include complimentary pretzels and/or cookies. Sandwiches and snack boxes are available for purchase on flights over 2 hours. Light meals are also available on flights over 3 hours. Premium dining is offered in the First Class cabin. Selections depend upon length of flight and time of day. Additional information for each class is available in the “Travel Information / During your flight” section on aa.com.
American Airlines Fleet Narrow Body Aircraft Boeing 737 MAX 8 Images Gallery
Thanks to visiting AirlinesFleet.com and read article : American Airlines Fleet Boeing 737 MAX 8 Details and Pictures.