American Airlines Fleet Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Details and Pictures. Wide-body aircraft Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner is the newest addition to American Airlines wide body long range aircraft fleet.
While 787-8 replacing 767-300, this Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner is planned to replacing Airbus A330-300 in 2021, and replacing older Boeing 777-200/ER in 2023.
On current fleet, American Airlines operated 22 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner with 35 aircraft on orders. Last 25 aircraft on order to be delivered from 2023.
Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner American Airlines Fleet Data and Registration Number
|N840AN||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N841AN||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N822AN||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N821AN||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N823AN||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N820AL||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N827AN||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N824AN||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N833AA||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N837AN||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N835AN||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N839AA||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N829AN||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N825AA||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N836AA||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N828AA||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N830AN||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N831AA||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N832AA||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N838AA||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N834AA||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
|N826AN||Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner|
American Airlines Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Seating Chart and Class Configuration Details Overview
This three-class aircraft seats a total of 285 passengers, and features up-to-date amenities, including personal Audio Video On Demand (AVOD) and personal 110v power ports at every seat.
AA Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner configured with 30 business class seats with lie-flat, 21 premium economy seats, 34 main cabin extra seats, and 200 main cabin economy standard seats.
|Business||30||Lie-flat||21″||available||Seatback screen, live TV||available|
|Premium Economy||21||38″||19″||available||Seatback screen, live TV||available|
|Main Cabin Extra||34||35″||17.2″||available||Seatback screen, live TV||available|
|Main Cabin||200||31″||16.2 – 17.2″||available||Seatback screen, live TV||available|
American Airlines Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Seating Plan
This airplane may transport 285 passengers in three classes: business, premium economy and economy.
American Airlines also separates main cabin extra type of seats.
First 8 rows are the seats of business class.
There are totally 21 seats here.
Close location of the galleys will cause discomfort to passengers of the seats of the 1st row, 7DH, 8A and 8L.
Lack of floor storage during take-off and landing is another disadvantage of the seats of the 1st row.
Behind the exit row 21 seats of premium economy class are located.
There are 3 rows of seats here that have 2-3-2 configuration.
The noise from the galley and lavatory located in front may represent a problem for passengers of the seats of the 9th row.
Also these seats have no floor storage during take-off and landing.
Next 3 rows contain seats of main cabin extra type.
There are totally 27 seats here.
The only disadvantage of the seats of the 12th row is lack of floor storage during take-off and landing.
Behind the seats of the main cabin extra type 75 economy class seats are located.
Passengers tend to gather in the area of the seats 22ABC, 22D, 22H, 22JKL and 23DEH in order to visit lavatories causing discomfort to passengers of these seats.
Also the seats 23DEH are less reclining than standard.
Behind the lavatories, galley and exit row one row of main cabin extra type is located.
These seats have 3-3-3 configuration.
Location of the galley and lavatories in front of the seats of the 24th row and lack of floor storage during take-off and landing are the disadvantages of these seats.
The last 15 rows of the airplane contain the seats of economy class.
Most of these seats are standard. Lavatory and galleys located nearby are the main disadvantage of the seats 37D, 37H, 38D and 38H.
This disadvantage in addition to limited recline makes the seats 37ABC, 37JKL and 39DEH bad seats.
American Airlines Wide Body Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner In-flight amenities Information
- Audio. All Business Class seats feature a 15.4-inch HD-capable touchscreen monitor and every Premium Economy, Main Cabin Extra, and Economy class seatback has an 8.9-inch HD-capable touchscreen monitor with more than 350 audio selections.
- Video. All seats feature a 15.4-inch HD-capable touchscreen monitor with a selection of up to 75 movies, more than 150 TV programs, More than 350 audio selections, up to 15 games and 5 live steaming television channels (Sport 2, Sport 2 Extra, BBC News, CNBC, CNN). Every Main Cabin Extra and Economy class seatback has an 8.9-inch HD-capable touchscreen monitor with a variety of movies, TV programs, games, and audio selections available.
- AC Power. Personal 110v power ports are offered throughout all classes.
- Internet. American Airlines offers internet service using Gogo service. Connectivity is available for laptops and mobile devices. The service is available once the aircraft reaches 10,000 feet cruising altitude (NOTE: service might not be available on select routes). More information about the service, availability, and pricing options is listed here.
- Food. Non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary on all flights. Alcoholic beverages are complimentary in First, Business, Premium Economy, and in the Main Cabin on certain long-haul international flights.Food service depends on route, length of flight, and time of day. First, Business, and Premium Economy passengers are offered premium dining. Main Cabin passengers on long-haul international and certain US transcontinental flights are offered complimentary multi-course meals. Sandwiches, wraps, and snack boxes are available for purchase in the Main Cabin on other flights (US domestic, Canada, Caribbean, and Mexico). Additional information for each class is available in the “Travel Information / During your flight” section on aa.com.
American Airlines Fleet Wide Body Aircraft Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Images Gallery
Thanks to visiting AirlinesFleet.com and read article : American Airlines Fleet Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Details and Pictures.