SWISS Fleet Airbus A330-300 Details and Pictures. SWISS operated 14 wide-body aircraft Airbus A330-300 during the long-haul flights. These aircraft can carry a maximum of 236 passengers. The capacity is divided into 183 Economy seats, 45 Business seats and 8 First-Class armchairs. Following the introduction of the A330-300, SWISS was the first airline in the world to offer First Class tickets on all long haul flights. The innovative pneumatic seat technology provides maximum comfort in First and Business Class. The jet is powered by two Rolls-Royce 772B-EP (enhanced performance) engines. The new SWISS Business seat on the A330-300 is probably the lightest of its kind. The air cushion alone makes the seat four kilograms lighter than the conventional version with foam padding. This weight reduction by itself will help SWISS to save over 650 tonnes of kerosene a year, and reduce the company’s annual CO2 emissions by over 2000 tonnes.
Airbus A330-300 SWISS Aircraft Fleet Data and Registration Number
|Airbus A330-343||HB-JHD||St. Gallen|
SWISS Fleet Airbus A330-300 Cabin Interior Class Configuration and Seats Layout
This A330-300 is used on long-haul routes and Swiss is one of the only airlines in the world to offer a First Class product on long-haul flights.
The A330-300 reflects Swiss’ newest First, Business and Economy Class products. Business Class features a staggered lie flat seat. In Business Class, the single A seats in the even numbered rows feel more spacious than the A, B seats in the odd rows.
All Economy Class seats B,D,G and J may have restricted under seat storage or legroom due to the presence of an entertainment equipment box.
Swiss Connect WiFi internet access is available on this aircraft.
Seat Map and Seating Chart Airbus A330-300 SWISS
First class may transport 8 passengers on 8 open suites.
There are 45 flat bed seats in the Business class. These seats are located in two sections. First section consists of 2 rows of seats with 9 seats. Close location of the seats of the 5th row to lavatories and galley may cause discomfort to passengers of these seats.
Behind the exit row the second section of Business class seats is located. This section includes 8 rows of seats. All these seats are standard. Only the seats 9A and 9K have no windows.
Economy class may transport 183 passengers. The seats of the economy class are divided into two sections.
First sections contains 51 seats. Passengers of these seats will take advantage of more privacy and quite atmosphere.
Passengers traveling with infants are often seated on the seats 22DEG as these seats have bassinet location. Among disadvantages of these seats: limited legroom because of the bulkhead position, lack of floor storage during take-off and landing, reduced width of the seats as the tray tables are built-in the armrests making them immovable.
Passengers of the seats 23AB and 23JK will take advantage of extra space for their legs. However, as the tray tables are in the armrests, these seats are narrower than standard. Also, these seats have no floor storage during take-off and landing.
The seat 23D is considered good seat as passengers of this seat will feel comfortable due to extra legroom provided by missing seat in front . At the same time this seat has some disadvantages: lack of floor storage during take-off and landing, reduced width of the seat. As entertainment equipment is present under this seat the under seat storage is limited.
Proximity of the lavatories may cause discomfort to passengers of the seats of 28th row.
The second section of economy class seats located behind exit row has 17 rows.
As there is an exit row in front passengers of the seats of 29th row will feel comfortable thanks to extra legroom. But as other passengers tend to gather in this area while waiting to visit lavatories causing discomfort to passengers of these seats. The tray tables are in the armrests making them immovable and reducing the width of these seats. Also these seats have misaligned windows and have no floor storage during take-off and landing. The seats 29BD and 29GJ have limited under seat storage as entertainment equipment is stored here.
As there are no seats behind the seats 41D and 41G are often bumped by other passengers and crew members passing by. Due to entertainment equipment presence the legroom and under seat storage of these seats are limited.
The seats 42DEG have restricted under seat storage and legroom because of entertainment equipment stored here.
The seats of the last 45th row are considered bad seats as these seats do not recline and are located close to the galleys the noise from which may be bothersome.
Airbus A330-300 SWISS Aircraft Fleet Inflight Amenities and On-Board Services Information
- Audio. Audio Visual on Demand (AVOD) is available on this aircraft with an extensive selection of audio programming in multiple languages. This system is accessed via tethered handsets stored in the armrest. Swiss provides headsets free of charge onboard. The IFE system on this aircraft is ex2 by Panasonic.
- Video. Audio Visual on Demand (AVOD) is available on this aircraft with an extensive selection of movies, short programs and television series in multiple languages. This system is accessed via tethered handsets stored in the armrest. Swiss provides headsets free of charge onboard. The IFE system on this aircraft is ex2 by Panasonic.
- AC Power. A 110v AC power port, which does not require a special adapter, is available at each First and Business Class seats. There is no power in Economy. There are USB ports at every seat on this plane.
- Internet. Swiss Connect is the WiFi product provided on this aircraft. All passengers will have access. Various data plans are available. For more information about Swiss Connect wifi, please click here. You may prepay for internet connection. Details may be found by clicking here.
- Food. SWISS offers complimentary beverage and meal service on all of its flights. Meal service, depending on time of day and length of flight, might range from a small snack to a multi course gourmet meal. Special meals are available and must be ordered in advance of your flight. More Information
SWISS Aircraft Fleet Wide-Body Airbus A330-300 Images Gallery
Thanks to visiting AirlinesFleet.com and read article : SWISS Fleet Airbus A330-300 Details and Pictures.