Delta Air Lines Fleet Boeing 777-200LR Details and Pictures. Delta Air Lines currently operated 10 wide-body long haul aircraft Boeing 777-200LR. This aircraft, is development result from Boeing 777-200ER.
The 777-200LR (“LR” for Longer Range), the C-market model, entered service in 2006 as one of the longest-range commercial airliners.
Boeing named it Worldliner as it can connect almost any two airports in the world, although it is subject to ETOPS restrictions. It holds the world record for the longest nonstop flight by a commercial airliner.
It has a maximum design range of 8,555 nautical miles (15,844 km) as of 2017. The -200LR was intended for ultra long-haul routes such as Los Angeles to Singapore.
Developed alongside the -300ER, the -200LR features an increased MTOW and three optional auxiliary fuel tanks in the rear cargo hold.
Other new features include extended raked wingtips, redesigned main landing gear, and additional structural strengthening.
As with the -300ER and 777F, the -200LR is equipped with wingtip extensions of 12.8 ft (3.90 m). The -200LR is powered by GE90-110B1 or GE90-115B turbofans.
Boeing 777-200LR Delta Air Lines Aircraft Fleet Data and Registration Number
Delta Air Lines Boeing 777-200LR Seating Chart and Cabin Class Configuration Details Overview
Both the 777-200ER and the 777-200LR have the exact same cabin configuration.
At one time, only the 777-200LR had been outfitted with flat bed seating in Delta One but now all 777-200ERs have been outfitted with flat bed seating in Delta One as well.
Both aircraft now have the same number of seats with the same row numbers.
This is Delta’s first aircraft to feature flat-bed sleeper suites in Delta One.
All seats feature personal TVs with audio and video onDemand (AVOD).
Delta One is configured in a herringbone patten where all seats are angled towards the aisle.
This provides maximum privacy and all seats have access to the aisle.
Delta introduced their Delta Comfort+ branded product on their long-haul international fleet in the first half of 2011 and it is installed on this aircraft.
The Delta Comfort+ section is located at the front of Delta’s economy class cabin and features up to four inches of extra legroom and 50% more recline.
The Delta Comfort+ offering also includes early boarding and complimentary beer, wine and spirits.
Delta Comfort+ pricing varies by route length and these seats may be purchased from Delta directly at the time of booking or at check-in.
Delta Diamond and Platinum Medallion members and passengers with tickets in Y, B and M fare classes can select these seats at no charge while Gold and Silver Medallion member can purchase them at a discount.
Delta One may transport 37 passengers on its 37 flat bed seats that have 1-2-1 configuration.
The seats of the 1st row are located close to the closets, lavatories and galleys.
The seats 1B and 1C are ideal for two people travelling together.
Passengers of the seats 7A and 7D will have some privacy and extra table space.
Among disadvantages close location to the lavatory.
The seat 10A is the seat with misaligned window.
Passenger of this seat will be able to see something through it only in reclined position of the seat.
The main disadvantage of the seats 10B and 10C is proximity of the lavatories.
Especially in case of the seat 10C the lavatory door opens directly in front of this seat.
These seats are good for people who travel together as well as the seats 11B and 11C.
Close proximity of the lavatory will also be a problem for passengers of the seats 11C and 11D.
Delta Comfort+ has 4 rows with 36 seats that have 3-3-3 configuration.
The best seats are the seats 29ABC and 29GHJ.
Passengers of these seats will take advantage of extra legroom.
However these seats (as well as the seats 29DEF) are a little narrower than standard as the tray tables are in the armrests and there is no floor storage for these seats during takeoff and landing.
The seats 29DEF have also restricted space for passengers legs.
Economy class includes 218 standard seats. Most of them have 3-3-3 configuration.
The seats 42GHJ and the seats of the 43rd row may be not reclining and are located close to the lavatories and galley.
All the seats of the 44th row are reserved for Delta Medallion members and may be given to other passengers at time of check-in if available.
The seats 44A and 44J are considered bad seats as these seats are located close to the emergency exits and the emergency slides protrude into legroom of passengers.
Plus there are no windows at these seats, close location to the galley and lavatories may be bothersome, the width of these seats is reduced as the tray tables are in the armrests making them immovable and there is no floor storage for these seats during takeoff and landing.
The other seats of the 44th row have the same disadvantages except legroom.
The seats 44BC and 44GHhave extra space for passengers legs but the seats 44DEF have restricted legroom due to bulkhead.
The main disadvantage of the seats 55C and 55G is the fact that they are often bumped by service carts as there are no seats behind.
Close location of the seats 56C, 56D, 56F and 56G to the galleys and lavatories will represent a problem for passengers of these seats.
The seats 56AC and 56GJ as well as the seats 57AC and 57GJ will be ideal for people who travel with a companion.
The seats of the 57th row are considered bas seats, first of all because it is the last row in the airplane and other passengers tend to gather near the lavatories.
The seats 57DEF may be less reclining or not reclining at all.
Delta Air Lines Widebody Boeing 777-200LR In-flight amenities Information
- Audio. This aircraft features AVOD (Audio and Video OnDemand) where every seat has access to over 4100 MP3s and radio stations.There is a selection of music, movies and other programming. You can bring your own single-prong headphones or purchase them onboard for $2. Power boxes are located under many of the seats in Economy, which greatly restricts legroom.
Delta on Demand
- Video. This aircraft features AVOD (Audio and Video OnDemand) where every seat has access to several HBO movies and over 18 satellite networks and dozens of games. You can bring your own single-prong headphones or purchase them onboard for $2. Power boxes are located under many of the seats in Economy, which greatly restricts legroom.
Delta on Demand
- AC Power. Every Delta One seat and two of every three Economy seats are outfitted with regular 110V AC power. The first ten rows of Economy may have power ports, but all other rows of Economy do not.
- Internet. Delta Airlines offers access to the internet using Gogo service. Connectivity is available for laptops and mobile devices. Access is available once the aircraft reaches 10,000 feet cruising altitude. More information on the service and its pricing options is listed here.
- Non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary. Alcoholic beverages can be purchased for $7 in economy and are free of charge in Delta One and Delta Comfort+.
- International flights and select flights to Alaska and Hawaii longer than five hours: All passengers are offered complimentary meal service. Economy passengers receive one complimentary alcoholic drink with meal.
Delta Air Lines Fleet Wide-Body Boeing 777-200LR Aircraft Images Gallery
Thanks to visiting AirlinesFleet.com and read article : Delta Air Lines Fleet Boeing 777-200LR Details and Pictures.